COLLAB W/ dazieblog
So, I’m long overdue for a post seeing as the last time I posted was nearly a year ago! So today I’ll be writing about how to make bruschettas! You can use this recipe with any type of bread, but I used Turkish bread. Ciabatta also works very well. 🙂
To Prep: 10-15 mins To Cook: 15 mins Servings: 3-4
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bell peppers
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Turkish bread or other (eg. ciabatta)
- Chop all vegetables
2. Cut the Turkish bread into however many pieces of bruschetta you would like, I cut 4 slices
3. Brush olive oil over each slice of bread and toast in the oven until slightly golden
4. Roast or fry the vegetables in a pan or oven. I chose the pan because it’s quicker.
5. Cut the slices of bread in half and place the vegetable mix over the bread. You can choose to add pesto and feta if wanted.
If you would like me to do the recipe for homemade pesto just comment below. x
It saddens me that the United Kingdom has left the EU, especially because of the marginal difference in percentage between the voters who wanted to leave and those who wanted to remain. Its also disappointing that the majority of people who wanted to leave were part of the elderly population and the fact that they get to decide the future of the UK for the younger generation is horrendous. It upsets me that people like Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage, who so many people look up to have the audacity to tell people that by leaving the EU it protects UK and ensures a better life for the people when in fact it’s doing the opposite. It’s always better to be united. And to top it all of David Cameron has decided to resign as Prime Minister, so the only stability the UK had is gone, everything. The UK is completely on it’s own, with no support from the EU and an absent minded Prime Minister, the UK is definitely in trouble.
Before you start feeling guilty about how many churros you’ll end up eating…. Just remember this is a much healthier option compared to the fried churros because these are baked. So you won’t have to worry about how many you end up eating!
To Prep: 25 mins To Cook: 20 mins Total time: 45 mins
- 1 cup – water
- 1/2 cup (113g) – butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white or brown sugar (any type of sugar is fine)
- 150g plain flour
- 3 eggs
For churro coating
- 100 g sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp chocolate spread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp corn flour
1. Preheat your oven to 200C (400F). Place a sheet of baking paper on your tray as well.
2. In a saucepan add your water, sugar and butter. Place over a medium heat and start whisking in flour as soon as the butter has melted and the mixture starts to simmer. Keep whisking until a dough ball has formed.
3. After a dough ball has been formed take the saucepan off the heat. Then whisk the eggs and vanilla essence in a bowl or jug.
4. Pour the vanilla and egg mix into the dough and stir and mash. You can put this in a mixer which saves a lot of time. I used my thermomix.
5. Transfer the dough into a piping bag or bottle.
6. Pipe dough into long thick churros, i didn’t do so well on this part…
7. Bake for 18-20 mins
8. Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt in a ziplock bag for the coating.
9. Take the curros straight out from the oven and toss in coating.
- Combine the chocolate spread, milk and any left over coating in a saucepan. Place over medium heat.
- Then mix the cornflour with a little bit of water in a seperate bowl and add to the saucepan.
- Mix in the saucepan until thick
- Then pour into a ramekin or bowl
I hope you liked this recipe!
The idea for this recipe came from: http://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/homemade-churros/
Before I dig right in, I figured you should know a bit of background information on what global warming is. Global warming is the INCREASE of Earth’s average surface temperature due to effect of greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide emissions from burning fossil fuels or from deforestation, which trap heat that would otherwise escape from Earth. This is a type of greenhouse effect.
Global warming has many DEVASTATING effects, such as:
- Dengue and malaria can spread rapidly as summers will become longer and temperatures will rise
- People will experience water scarcity!
- Hurricanes become more intense
- 100% of reefs may be at risk of extinction by 2050
- An additional 20 MILLION more children will go hungry by 2050
- Increasing droughts will make the driest regions even drier
- Polar bears have evolved for a life on the sea ice, which they rely on for reaching their seal prey. But the arctic sea ice is rapidly diminishing due to a warming Earth, affecting the entire arctic ecosystem, they are is seriously endangered!
There are so many more effects, but I can only talk about so many!
Climate change is not just about polar bears it is the iconic symbol of a melting Arctic. It has a massive impact on people, with effects that will get out of control unless WE make a change!
10 LITTLE WAYS TO MAKE A CHANGE
- 1. Take a shower instead of a bath – a shower takes up four times less energy than a bath
- Recycle! Or at least put your rubbish in a bin and don’t litter
- Reuse your shopping bag, what’s with all the plastic bags?! Come on you can do better!
- Plant a tree, or anything. Just plant something! – A single tree will absorb one ton of carbon dioxide over its lifetime, this will REDUCE carbon dioxide emmisions
- Switch of your TV when you’re not using it – Seriously! It uses 40% of its energy in standby mode
- Eat less meat!! – Methane is the SECOND MOST SIGNIFICANT greenhouse gas and guess what… cows are one of the greatest methane emitters. Their grassy diet and multiple stomachs cause them to produce methane, which they exhale with every breath
- SOLAR PANELS – This will be your greatest investment, please… Just trust me
- Cover your pots while cooking or use pressure cookers and steamers: they can save around 70% energy
- Paper packaging, paper bags….. PAPER! Not plastic!!
- Use a clothesline for a change? – You can save 700 pounds of carbon dioxide when you air dry your clothes for 6 months out of the year
Thank you for reading this, please share this with your friends and try to do these little things and make a change.
Remember every little thing counts!
To find out more tips and tricks on how to prevent global warming go to the website : http://globalwarming-facts.info/50-tips/4/?singlepage=1